The Physics includes many of Aristotle's most famous claims, some of them now discredited, such as that
- the void (Latin: vacuum) does not exist.
- motion in a void is impossible.
- there are four types of cause.
- nature has a purpose.
- there is no actual infinite.
- the world has existed from eternity.
- the continued motion of projectiles is caused by the surrounding medium.
- a body in moving in a void would continue moving if externally unimpeded.
- bodies of different weights fall at different speeds.